National Pool Lifeguard Qualification Generation 10
The NPLQ is the most awarded lifeguard qualification in the UK and Ireland and is also internationally recognised. More than 40,000 pool lifeguards qualify with the RLSS UK every year, and there are currently more than 80,000 pool lifeguards qualified in the NPLQ – 95% of all UK pool lifeguards.
RLSS UK is regulated by Ofqual as a level 3 qualification, Qualifications Wales and CCEA in Northern Ireland.
Course Dates: Monday 30th October – Saturday 4th November 2023
Course Cost = £240.00 per candidate.
Contact info = Iain Hamilton – firstname.lastname@example.org
Lifeguard Course Prerequisites
Every candidate attending a NPLQ course must be 16 years old at the time of taking the NPLQ final assessment and be able to:
- Jump/dive into deep water
- Swim 50 metres in less than 60 seconds
- Swim 100 metres continuously on front and back in deep water
- Tread water for 30 seconds and then 15 seconds using just legs
- Surface dive to the floor of the pool
- Climb out unaided without ladder/steps and where the pool design permits.